Classic styling combined with modern comfort and the latest equipment makes 'DOUBLE DOWN' the prime choice for on the water adventures around Tofino.
Between Adam’s years of experience running a wide variety of different vessels from whale watching zodiacs, water taxis, harbour tour boats, sailing vessels, modern sport fishing boats to working as a local fishing guide in Tofino for 4 seasons, Adam quickly saw the need for a more comfortable and accommodating vessel for our potentially wild and wet coast. With his background in Marine Repair, and an uncanny ability to see a ‘diamond in the rough’, Adam took the plunge and bought an easily overlooked local 27′ Classic Stancraft cabin cruiser which he quickly fell in love with.
From December 2014 to June 2015, he kept is his head in the bilge, completely gutting and rebuilding this vessel to suit the needs of a completely comfortable and safe Tofino charter vessel. With Adam’s skill, it didn’t take long to completely transform her to the classiest and most unique vessel in Tofino’s charter fleet. “Double Down” is a classic old school flybridge style vessel with enough space to accommodate 8 guests, with comfortable indoor seating for up to 6. Even though she is graced with all new upholstery and canvas, new paint, a custom interior, onboard refrigeration, and inboard fresh water tanks, she still retains a luxurious ‘vintage’ feel and appeals to a broad range of guests. She then balances it all out with all the brand new modern safety & electrical equipment, along with two DF 200 Inline 4 Yamaha 4 stroke outboard engines and a high thrust Yamaha 9.9 kicker…plenty of power to get to where the fish are, and ample space and comfort to battle the big ones!
As Tofino is located by a rainforest which can bring a variety of weather conditions, “Double Down” has a completely covered and cushioned indoor seating area that can keep 6 people seated and out of the west coast Tofino weather – be it the rain, fog or beating sun.
• Fully functional marine ‘Head’ (toilet/washroom) with standing room onboard with holding tanks.
• In our attempt to reduce single use plastics and their affect on our oceans, fresh water tanks have been installed on board so bring your reusable water bottle and we will refill them as often as needed.
• On board refrigerator will keep your beverages and lunches cold for the day!
• Outdoor flybridge for that higher vantage point – perfect for catching a great view of the action on the fish deck, photography opportunities, sightseeing or even sun bathing!
• Low emission 3G Radar combined with other modern navigation and fish finding electronics.